Amber Gold Marketing, LLC Event Promotions and Activity Recaps Around Utah
This is where we will be promoting events where Amber Dixon will be a presenter, outside events in a variety of industries, posting community activities, and sharing updates of past events to highlight the Utah community. We enjoy sharing ideas, information learned from peers, and causes from outstanding organizations so that we can succeed in this tough economic climate.
April 25, 2013:
I will be speaking at the Salt Lake Chamber’s BWF Business Essentials workshop on April 25, 2013. My topic will be on social media and how to use it correctly in business to increase leads, expand target market reach, and build brand/consumer awareness.
Date: April 25, 2013
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Location: Salt Lake Chamber Offices, 175 East 400 South, Suite 600 in Salt Lake City, UT
April 10, 2013:
“Social Media How To’s for Small Businesses and the Social Media Challenged.”
Amber Dixon will be a presenter at the event!
- Why Social Media?
- How do I decide whether to post, tweet, pin, etc…
- Who uses what mediums?
- Which medium is best for my business?
- Who should do it? Me, an intern, and Social Media Company?
- How much time should I use?
- What does engagement mean?
Here’s the details:
- Check in upstairs – event will be both upstairs & downstairs
- 4:30 p.m. Check-in & Networking
- 5:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. – Understanding how and where to start in Social Media
- 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. – 7:15 p.m. – Breakout Sessions (Sign up via email for your preferences): Creating a Strategy for Facebook – Engaging followers, encouraging likes, etc… LinkedIn for Professionals Pinterest – To Pin or Not to Pin? Twitter – Who should give a Tweet? Blogging – Who? Why? and What does it mean to blog? Instagram – Why? Who? What is it good for?
To be signed up for the individual break out sessions, please email me at Karinpalle@gmail.com.
According to your requests, we will do our best to provide you with answers from locals who have been there/done that!
Please feel free to invite others. Just make sure to check going and then send an email to confirm the subjects you want more information on! Hope to see you there!
March 20, 2013:
The National Association of Women Business Owners Salt Lake City will be hosting their annual Membership Drive Mixer on March 20th. Network with other women business owners at a fun event with activities, prizes, and great food.
Date: March 20, 2013
Time: 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Location: Market Street Grill, 2985 E. Cottonwood Parkway in Cottonwood Heights
**Free to Attend**
March 19, 2013:
The Salt Lake Business Women’s Forum is hosting St. Patrick’s Day Mixer while celebrating Women’s History Month. For only $10 you can enjoy an evening networking with other professional women at Pierpont Place in Salt Lake City.
Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Time: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Location: Pierpont Place | 163 W Pierpont Ave
*Parking is available in the garage for $3-$5 or along the street
Register at: www.slchamber.com/bwf_events
View Flyer: Business Women’s Forum March Mixer
January 10, 2012:
Jumpstart 2013 with Your Smartest Path to Cash
How to Powerfully use PR and Marketing to build an IRRESISTABLE brand, get MORE CLIENTS in the door and create your smartest path to CASH.
Date: January 10th, 2013
Time: 9:00 am- 2:00 pm
Where: Salt Lake City, UT
High Power Lunch and Relevant Materials Provided
8:00 am- Registration & High Power Networking- Setting you up for Launch
9:00 am- Ideation- From Idea to Story To Big Results
- No more Boring Mission Statements: How to make them sizzle and inspire
- Big Thinking Starts Here: Vision-tastic Strategy
- Audience Blunders: Top Three Components of a $10,000 Target Market and What Market Research Companies Won’t Tell You
10:00 am- Press Releases, Media Pitching and Publishing
- Templates for Press Releases and Pitches
- How to build your media list and what to say
- How to maintain Momentum
11:00 am- Secrets of a Impeccable Calendar: Marketing for Insane Growth
- Campaigning For The Greater Good: Online PR You Can Sink Your Teeth Into and Get Jiggy With
- Project Mapping: How You Can Really Get It All Done
- Fill In Your Calendar- Group Project Brain Power
12:00 pm- Catered High Energy Lunch Keynote
1:00 pm- High Impact Marketing
- Launch Envy: 7 Weeks To Launch Your Business, Over and Over again
- Guerilla Tactics- Smart Women Strategies
- Systems Go!
2:00 pm- Wrap Up
During the workshop
- Experience an authentic system for making more sales, worksheets included
- Learn when to use a press release and how simple publishing can be
- Get the “Knock it off and Focus” direction you need with the Irresistible Asenath Horton
- Jolt into your own when you discover your business’s core “I-Factor” (Irresistible Factor) can do more for your business than any 1000 marketing tactics combined
- Discover how the insanely driven PR Pro Diane Lefrandt Triples her clients revenue within a year with the “Right” kind of PR
- As “Specific to you” questions and get some live coaching
- Plus a ton of laughter, connecting and surprises packed in along the way you won’t want to miss!
Build Your Brand Bigger= More Community Awareness and Credibility
Get More Clients= Increase Your Revenue
Create Your Fastest Path To Cash= Make a Bigger Difference in Your Community
Highly Interactive in Downtown area, convenient from Ogden to Provo.
Networking and Presentation time for all participants
Professional, Supportive team environment for you to shimmer your brightest
Easy to follow worksheets for your Press Releases, Strategic Plans, Business Plans, Social Media PR and more.
Expert Eyeballs to look over your ideas, coach you through the processes, and help you through the process.
Don’t wait till 2013 is over to wish you had done something!
Lack and Limitations aside, Big Dreams, Actions and Implementable Plans, Front and Center!
BONUS: Register on or before December 21st, and you’ll recieve $200 off original pricing plus you’ll also receive the incredible Media Pitching Secrets ($300 value) and Media Checklist to help you know exactly what to say when you talk to reporters and the media.
December 15, 2012:
The Utah WIFS event held on December 11th featuring 11 local Utah vendors was a huge
success! You can view pictures and information about each vendor at: http://utahwifs.wordpress.com/december-2012-event/. Support the local Utah community by
discovering the many unique items offered by the vendors. I know I did as you can read in my detailed description of December 11th below.
The McCune Mansion event supporting the American Cancer Society on December 1st was
also amazing. They hosted a fashion show and mini boutique.
December 11, 2012:
Today Utah WIFS (http://utahwifs.wordpress.com/) held its annual Networking While Shopping event, and it was a HUGE success! I have been on the board since I co-founded the association in 2009 and this is my last December vendor event that I will be organizing. Although I have enjoyed putting on these events, I am looking forward to being only a shopper next year! With that said, I know I got a lot of holiday shopping done today, and many other attendees did too.
The 20 local Utah vendors who participated were amazing and I look forward to shopping with them for many years to come. My shopping purchases included:
- A Minky & More throw. Oh my! It is so soft and luxurious that my 11-year-old son stole it from me as soon as he found it. He is cuddling with it now. I think everyone needs one because they are washer-friendly and, dare I say it again, amazing!
- doTERRA oils! Oh wow. I am so excited to have my doTERRA oils again. I use the lavender on my pillow, lemon in my cleaning products, and peppermint for headaches and so much more. I love these essential oils, and they are a huge supporter of Utah WIFS!
- Choffy! Although I do love my coffee, this is actually a healthy, 100% premium cacao that is a superfood. Yes, cacao is spelled right but is also known as “cocoa beans.” I bought a blend and a mug that is also a coffee press! How cool is that?
- Lipstick from Glamour Connection that lasts all day long and is fantastic. I generally do not go bol because of the environment I work in, but that is going to change after consulting with Leta Greene! I must admit that I looked pretty fabulous in the new shade during the event.
- Chocolates for my neighbors and friends. I bought so much chocolate that I already feel the holiday pounds adding on, but then I realized I bought them as gifts so I see my neighbors actually with the pounds (kidding of course.) These Creamium Chocolates are not like any I have tasted before, and trust me I am a chocolate lover!
- Who knew Scentsy was more than wickless candles? I not only bought my wickless candle refills, but also bought soap, lotions, and a car freshener! So excited.
- I also, of course, donated to the Helping Kids with Cancer foundation that is very personal for me. My son’s friend, Tomas, was diagnosed at only 8 years old and lived only a couple of days after his 10th birthday. No one should experience cancer in the family; especially at an incredibly young age.
So many more vendors were present. You can view them all at: http://utahwifs.wordpress.com/december-2012-event/ and help support these amazing companies.
Again, although I am left with many positive memories of being President of Utah WIFS, I am also excited to see how the chapter grows with the amazing incoming President, Mandy Aguirre. She will be fantastic I am sure, and I can enjoy the monthly events as a spectator.
Season Greeting’s everyone!
–Amber, Utah WIFS President
December 11, 2012:
Join Utah WIFS for their annual seasonal multitasking event from 11:30 – 2 p.m.
Women: The Multitaskers It Takes an Extraordinary Woman to Simultaneously Shop and Network Be Extraordinary and Join Utah WIFS December 11th for Seasonal Multitasking
The public is invited to a casual luncheon filled with networking, lunch, and vendors selling items like jewelry, gift baskets, sweets, and more.
Pending Vendors: Massage therapist, boutique, and more.
Date: December 11, 2012
Time: 11:30 a.m.—2:00 p.m.
Location: Joseph Smith Memorial Building — Wasatch Room 15 East South Temple, Salt Lake City (Allow time for walking)
Cost: Free for Members, $10 for Non-Members (prepaid before 11/23/2012) $15 for Non-members (prepaid after 11/23/2012), $20 for Non-members (pay-at-the-door)
You DO NOT need to be a part of the industry to attend. Bring a friend to enjoy the mini-shopping and lunch.
You can view the invitation here: View Invitation
14th Annual Helping Kids with Cancer Stocking Event and Auction
Date: Thursday, December 6th
Time: 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Location: Architectural Nexus at 2505 East Parleys Way in Salt Lake City
Food – Drinks – Program – Silent Auction – Prizes Awarded
4 Ways to Donate:
- Create a stocking for auction
- Silent auction
- Create a stocking for a child
- Monetary donation
This non-profit charity benefits pediatric oncology patients. They provide Christmas Stockings to over 250 children receiving treatment during the holidays. They also assist with acute financial challenges.
November 7, 2012: Educational Workshop: LinkedIn: You Know Why, Now Learn How
I’ll be speaking at the NAWBO Salt Lake City chapter’s educational workshop on 11/7 regarding LinkedIn. No, not “why”, or general overviews, but “how” to make the changes required to increase search activity, visitor views, and make the most of your connections and profile.
I’ll be visually showing attendees how to maximize LinkedIn to grow your business.
Join NAWBO (membership not required) on November 7th for a workshop luncheon from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. for networking, Q & A, and quality learning.
Event information at: http://amberdixon-nawboslc-nov2012workshop-efbevent.eventbrite.com/
Marketing and public relations consultant assisting businesses by filling the marketing and public relations gap. Want to learn more about how we can help you grow your business? Learn More about AGM
Visit Amber Gold Marketing’s and Amber Dixon’s Other Profiles On:
View Amber Dixon’s and Amber Gold Marketing, LLC’s other profiles on: